Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Burden-Free

Many folks have bondage...
Burdens which are hard to bear
Which we just don't talk about,
So a smile we wear.

Some have carrried weights
Which have been there much too long.
Jesus Christ can lift them off
So once again we will be strong.

Jesus' healing picks us up
And gives us grace to start anew,
Free of all encumbrances
Which we may have gone through.

As we pray, in faithfulness
He will answer all our cries.
He will carry all our load...
No matter what the weight or size.

When we pray and trust in Him,
Oh, what freedom there is found!
Oh, what peace and joy we have
When we are no longer bound!

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30 KJV

© 2012 Arlene Schwartzkopf