Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Special Delight

The weather was hot, and my lawn needed a lot of watering. Because all the neighbors were also watering my water pressure wan't as high as normal. Ths spray from my sprinkler wasn't reaching as far as I needed it to.

As I stood there studying the situation God created the most delightful moment for me. A little hummingbird came and, hovering in the air, began to drink from the edges of the water spray. After several sips of water, it flew into the midst of the spray and began to take a bath. It lingered there, fluttering it's wings and tail feathers over and over in the water and then flew up and perched on a nearby tree limb. I never saw a hummingbird just sitting still before. Oh! How tiny it was!

Then this little guy came back down into the water spray and just seemed to be dancing gracefully here and there as he moved around in the spray before he finally flew away.

What a delightful moment! When I went out to set my sprinkler up my heart had been heavy. And it seemed like God sent this little messenger of joy to cheer me up. It just reassured me that God saw my need. I think God must have taken great joy when He created the little hummingbird.

© 2010 Arlene Schwartzkopf