Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wings To Soar

You are my joy when deep inside I sigh.
You are the wings which enable me to fly.
You are the wind which takes me to new height,
Who sets me in high places and fills me with delight.

You are the fire which deep within me burns
And fills me with a warming flame. For You my spirit yearns.
You are skillful hands when I simply cannot reach.
You become a ready voice when I am lacking speech.

You are mighty power to help me climb a mount,
And when I'm tired or thirsty, You become my fount.
I know in all my frailty that You will give me wing,
Causing me to brightly soar and joyful worship bring.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."
Psalm 28:7 KJV

© 2008 Arlene Schwartzkopf