Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rainbow Promises

Rainbows do not grace the sky without a little rain.
(Without some life experiences we will have no gain).
When rain clouds sometimes hover o'er and do not go away,
In God's perfect timing we will see a brighter day.

In rain is hidden treasure as we learn to know the Son.
While waiting for the rainbow His precious work is done.
And when the Son breaks through the clouds our eyes will upward turn
To see God's rainbow promise as the "light" for which we yearn.

On the back of every cloud are many rainbows waiting,
To be spilled out upon our lives, His promises re-stating.
Graced by Heaven's rainbows, our lives become a story
Of richness from the Father's hand. To Him be all the glory!

"Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known My nanme. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honour him. With long life I will satisfy him, and shew him My salvation."
Psalm 91:14-16 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf