Monday, June 29, 2009

A New Day's Promise

Lord, Here is my heart. Please fill it today
With insight and wisdom and courage, I pray.
Let me respond with worship and praise.
With newness of life let me be ablaze.

Each day has promise... a gift which You give...
A blessed opportunity for me to live.
Help me to grasp the greatness of this
So I will have victory and no portion miss.

You give me challenge, and You set my pace.
As I yield to You I'll rest in Your grace.
Let my day be measured with wisdom and skill,
That all of Your purpose I might fulfill.

"Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."
Psalm 25:4-5 KJV

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24 KJV

© 2008 Arlene Schwartzkopf