Monday, February 23, 2009

In Days To Come

I heard knocking on my door. Usually I don't answer the door unless I know who is there, but this time I did answer it.

I didn't know how much God was going to impact me by this visitor. There stood a man, very slight in stature, perhaps only five feet tall. He was elderly, at least in his seventies, neatly-dressed, and had a long grey beard which touched his chest. He was very kind-looking and leaned on a cane. His appearance was like that of a patriarch out of the Bible.

He inquired about the young man who lives next door to me. We exchanged a few sentences and then he turned to walk away. As he started down my steps, I realized that he was struggling to walk. I asked him, "Can you get down okay?"

He answered, "Yes".

But I was still concerned. I asked him what had happened to him, and then I noticed that he had a brace on one leg. He said, as he was walking away, that he had broken his knee and that he needed a new knee joint, but it was going to cost $25,000.00 and his insurance had been cancelled. My mind was racing at this point and I felt that I should pray for him, but then he was gone.

I closed the door and, feeling jarred in my spirit, sat down for a moment to review what had just happened. I knew God was trying to show me something, and I was trying to wrap my mind around what I had just seen. After pondering this, I believe this is what God was saying to me...

"In days to come people are going to have many needs, and there won't be enough money to meet them, and that they will need to rely more and more on prayer for these needs to be met. He will provide." Also, I believe that He is saying, "Many needs will come to your door. Be prepared. These are hungry people crying out... people who need comfort and healing and are hungering for God. Be prepared. You will see this... in days to come."

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf