Friday, February 20, 2009

Doors

Sometimes when a door closes it is just because a "season" has been completed. There is a peace and a rest in the closing because it is a natural timing. And so when we look back or think back about that door we are at peace and feel no tension there. But then there are times when a door has been closed too quickly, or with loose ends dangling. We don't feel peace but don't know what to do.

I was in a situation where the door of a friendship closed because of misunderstanding. I didn't know how to correct the situation because confusion had come in and caused much damage. It was very painful. For a long time I prayed and "weighed" what to do. I went to the card store and tried to find the prettiest card I could to send... but could not find "just the right one". I went home and got out my prettiest stationery and sat down to write a letter, and I asked the Lord to give me the wording. I sat there for the longest time, but heard nothing. Weeks and months, and a year, and then another year went by, then several years, and I didn't really have peace in my spirit. I just didn't have a sense of "completion" about this situation.

Then one Sunday morning I saw this woman in church She sat just across the aisle from me. Immediately I asked the Lord, "Lord, is it time now? Is that why she is here this morning? Do you want me to speak to her?"... and still nothing. Week after week went by this way, with her just across the aisle from me, but I did not feel a release to speak with her. Then one morning at the end of the church service, the Lord said to me, "Now is the time. NOW." I stepped across the aisle, took her hand and began to speak as the Holy Spirit led me... and the Lord did a healing. It was blessed and wonderful. Finally I had release in my spirit. This was TEN years later.

I pondered why this had taken so-o-o long, but then the Lord showed me that it could not have come sooner. The timing was in His hands and I could not move sooner. God is faithful to help us in all our relationships, and when He brings restoration then there is beauty and wholeness again.

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf