Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sidetracked

My telephone sure rings a lot.
It sometimes puts me in a "spot".
Time flies if I'm having fun,
But there are things I should have done.

Now I'm running quite behind.
(Maybe others will not mind...)
Whoops! My favorite show is on.
(I wonder where my time has gone?)

I have "stuff" to put away
But see the sun is out today.
I think I'll take a little walk
And find someone with whom to talk.

The wash can wait... I'll do it later.
Work is not my motivator.
I'll just lay these "piles" aside...
It won't hurt to "let them ride".

Omigosh! I lost my keys.
Now my mind is not at ease!
I know I put them here someplace.
THESE problems I don't like to face!

I can't even find my purse.
This day is REALLY getting worse!
Help! I'm drowning in my mess.
This is NOT fun... I confess!

My time is wasted and I'm "spent".
I just don't know where this day went.
I probably should organize.
To make some order would be wise.

If I'm honest, in review,
I can't put off what I should do.
Those things that I don't do today
Simply will not go away!

© 2007 Arlene Schwartzkopf