Monday, May 05, 2008

God's Patience

How great is God's patience in "waiting" for me
As I try to figure out where I should be.
I will be listening and training my ear
When He is speaking... lest I do not hear.

"Bumps" and experience have taught me to pause,
For if He is speaking there is good cause!
I've learned to treasure the Spirit's sweet voice
Whisp'ring within me... in this I rejoice!

E'en though at times I've missed His direction,
When I look back I see in reflection
That He poured out mercy and grace upon me.
How great is His love... as deep as the sea!

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God..."
I John 3:1 KJV

"For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him."
Psalm 103:11 KJV

© 2008 Arlene Schwartzkopf