Monday, July 02, 2007

Mini Shock

I went to the bank... to the day-and-night teller,
Where you don't have to wait for some other feller.
I finished my business and got my receipt,
Then started to move back out to the street.

As I saw my receipt I was startled and shocked.
My balance said "ZERO", and now my knees knocked!
How could this be? Was my money all gone?
I shuddered inside and began to feel "wan".

If I was "penniless", what would I do?
These thoughts were o'erwhelming to try to think through.
When I got home I called up the bank.
My money WAS there... and my God I could thank.

But this made me think... it sent up a "flare".
Was my faith enough... such big loss to bear?
We think we are strong, but indeed we are weak.
In God we find strength when all becomes bleak.

All that we have is from His own hand.
Only in Him can we prosper and stand.
When all is upset and the "going gets rough",
Our God is sufficient... He's more than enough.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1 KJV

© 2007 Arlene Schwartzkopf