Sunday, April 15, 2007

Making Change

When I get ready to make change
There are some things I want to keep.
And so I sort through all I have,
And still I seem to have "a heap".

I think I've pared down what I need
To move into new "territory",
But when I get there I discover
This was just "preparatory".

When Jesus leads me in His path,
More and more I start to "see".
He will give me new perspective
And help me truly to be free.

Some of that which I have kept
Does not have value (as I thought).
As He changes who I am
Some things have value, some have nought.

My thoughts and actions every day
Are very much a part of this.
Excess "baggage" from the past
Could cause my life to go amiss.

Jesus simplifies my path
And shows me what I need to do.
He brings refreshing to my life
And helps me keep a balanced view.

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."
II Corinthians 3:18 KJV


© 2007 Arlene Schwartzkopf