Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sweeter Than Honey

A little bee goes about gathering nectar,
Which he then takes "home" to make something sweet.
This little winged fellow works long and works hard
To gather enough to make honey to eat.

If I could be just like this small honey bee
And gather the sweet things in life that I find,
Surely my life would grow sweeter each day.
If I eat "this" honey then I might be kind...

I'll seek out the "nectar" which makes me more gentle...
God's sweet-scented "flowers" of love and good will.
I'll search for His fragrance which makes me more humble
And draw of this nectar, my spirit to fill.

When the small bee has finished his labor,
He offers "good food" for others to eat.
Lord, make me like him! As I gather Your nectar
Make my life as honey... so very sweet!

"The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb."
Psalm 19:7-10 KJV

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf