Friday, October 20, 2006

True Worship

A Vision

The church was full that morning..... As the service started, the people moved quickly into praise.

As we moved from praise into worship the singing was glorious - hundreds of voices in harmony, with hearts and hands raised to our Living God. I looked across the auditorium, seeing a sea of faces and hearing the awesomeness of the worship, and I was deeply moved.

Then my eyes were drawn upward..... and I began to see what was going on in the Spirit. The auditorium had a high, beamed ceiling. The space above the worshippers was totally filled with fine silver threads, strung in every direction..... almost like spider webs. I could see currents of energy pulsing through the silver threads, with sparks of fire everywhere. If I had reached up, my hand would have bumped some of the threads because there were so many going in every direction.

I was literally seeing the power and movement of the Holy Spirit in that room. The air was alive with the presence of God. And I knew that lives were being changed and people were being healed.

How great and awesome is our God.....

"Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His footstool;
For He is holy."
Psalm 99:5 NKJ

© 2004 Arlene Schwartzkopf