Thursday, October 26, 2006

Courage

Courage is birthed in the heart over time.
As we trust in God, then we start to climb
To higher achievements in all that we do,
For He is our strength in whate'er we go through.

Life brings us challenges which we must face,
And sometimes we think we cannot "meet the pace".
Opportunity knocks and we don't feel prepared,
Yet if we say "no", then we may have erred.

Our courage will come when we fully depend
On God for our strength, for He will attend
And cause us to go forth with heads held up high.
We need not fear, but on Him rely.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
II Timothy 1:7 NKJ

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1 NKJ

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf