Friday, July 21, 2006

Under His Wings

How many times the Lord has provided safety for me while driving! Every morning I ask Him to protect me and my family on the road, and He has been so-o-o faithful in this.

I was on the freeway and traffic was heavier than usual. I was following a transport truck. Suddenly the truck moved left into the next lane, revealing to me that there was a large metal folding table laying upside down across my lane. Someone had lost it off his truck load. I was too close to it to stop and couldn't go around it. I swerved slightly but ran over it anyway.

I had a multitude of thoughts as to what the sharp metal edges and folded legs of the table might have done to my tires. Immediately I prayed that God would cause my tires to hold up until I got home..... approximately another seven miles. And the tires did hold!

That evening I noticed that one of the tires had gone flat. When I looked at it I discovered a hole in the sidewall. I had actually had a blow out but the tire didn't lose air pressure till I got home! And then when I went to buy a new tire, the tire company replaced the damaged tire for free!

What a beautiful answer to prayer! What a faithful and awesome God we have!

"Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice."
Psalm 63:7 KJV

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble: I will deliver him, and honour him."
Psalm 91:14-15 KJV

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf