Saturday, October 22, 2005

Morning Prayer

Lord, as I venture into my daily schedule many, many things compete for my attention.....

Help me to weigh carefully that to which I direct my attention, lest I become weary early in the day and forfeit valuable discernment later in the day.

Help me, Lord, to allow into my field of vision only those things which have purpose in You and are useful. Strengthen me, Lord, as I address the more difficult situations and tasks.

Help me not to lapse into discouragement or lethargy, but to maintain my level of trust in You. Help me to not overlook or miss the points of learning or the special blessings You would drop into my day.

Lord, help me to maintain a pace conducive to what you would show me, and help me to reject gracefully the interruptions that would rob away my time or focus on You.

Lord, help me to avoid that which is trivial in Your sight and focus on that which is urgent in Your sight.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

"My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
in the morning I will direct it to You, and I
will look up."
Psalm 5:3 NKJ

© 2005 Arlene Schwartzkopf