Thursday, November 19, 2015

Careful Thoughts

Carefully I choose my thoughts
And try to never let them stray.
For when I’m fine-tuned to the Lord
He shows me many things to weigh.

If I don’t focus in on Him
Then my thoughts will get side-tracked.
My direction won’t be clear
Nor my perception be intact.

I must guard against mixed thoughts
Which take my time and fill my mind,
For when God speaks I want to hear
And to His movement be inclined.

If I don’t manage my thoughts well
I will not know how much I’ve lost.
To not stay tuned-in to the Lord
Can sometimes bring too high a cost!

“Roll your works upon the Lord (commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and) so shall your plans be established and succeed.”
Proverbs 16:3 Amplified Bible

© 2014 Arlene Schwartzkopf