Friday, January 03, 2014

Emmanuel, God With Us

I started to fall, but God caught me...

I was rolling my recycling can out to the sidewalk in front of my house when the sole of my shoe caught on a rough place in the pavement and I lost my balance. I started to fall to the right. And in that split second I knew this would be a bad fall, probably hurting my shoulder, hitting my head and landing in the street. But then... nothing happened. I didn’t fall. I was just still standing there.

I was very jarred by even the thought of such a fall. In the days following I began to realize that God had intervened in my situation and re-established my balance. There was no other answer. It was His touch on my life that kept me from falling.

I am grateful to Him every day for His watchcare over me.

“Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised: and his greatness is unsearchable.”
Psalm 145:3 KJV

© 2014 Arlene Schwartzkopf