Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Peace, Wonderful Peace

Over time I have noticed different individuals who “stood out” to me because of a certain quality which they had, and that quality was peace. It was apparent in their facial expression, in their voice or in the way they carried themselves. Peace has a profound effect on who we are, and it is magnetic. Always I am drawn to those who have this quality.

So I’m drawn also to Scriptures pertaining to peace. The following Scriptures pertaining to peace have helped me in times of trial. And the more I rely on them. the more they bring deep peace within me.

Peace as stillness in the midst of turmoil...
”Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
Isaiah 26:3 KJV

Peace as a quiet resting...
“Great peace have they which love thy law; and nothing shall offend them.”
Psalm 119:165 KJV

Peace as well-being and contentedness...
“And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.”
Colossians 3:15 KJV

Peace as freedom from fear...
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. ‘Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid’.”
John 14:27 KJV

Peace as “feeling settled”...
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:6-7 KJV

God’s Word pertaining to peace is what enables us to have that peaceful quality which carries us through trying times.

© 2013 Arlene Schwartzkopf