Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Complete In Him

The Lord our God is our friend and our keeper,
And inside our hearts He wants to go deeper.
Always He wants to change us within,
To fill us with love and free us from sin.

Without some heart-change, how will we know
The beautiful bounty He wants to bestow?
Sometimes we think His plans are a "stretch",
But inside our beings His love He will etch.

Deep in our hearts His home He will make...
To fill us with warmth and shield us from "ache".
He gives us balance which we cannot beat.
Whatever our lack, in Him we're complete.

"As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might be full."
John 15:9-11 KJV

© 2013 Arlene Schwartzkopf