Saturday, December 08, 2012

Prayer Breaks Through

In years past I was part of a bible study group that met once a week for worship, bible study and prayer. The home where we met was on a corner in a lovely neighborhood.

The Lord spoke to my heart that I should walk around the four blocks adjoining that corner and pray and that this would bring change in our bible study time. A few days before our study I walked and prayed, as did a few others in the weeks to follow. As I walked, God showed me the needs in some of the homes there. One in particular I remember... He said there was a lot of fighting going on there.

As this process went on for a few weeks we began to see a beakthrough in the meeting times. The power of God during our prayer times was profound, and healings and breakthroughs began to take place in the women's lives.

The time spent in "prayer walks" was like the tilling of ground... needed preparation for planting and harvest. We saw results in our study group, but surely many people in the neighborhood were also blessed as the atmosphere changed in that four-block area.

If we want to see change, we must "till the ground' with prayer first... and God will hear these prayers.

"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
I Thessalonians 5:16-18 KJV

© 2012 Arlene Schwartzkopf