Thursday, August 30, 2012

His Burden Is Light

The weights which we carry are sometimes too much.
We need Jesus' help and His tender touch.
With Him at our side our burdens are light.
He helps us to rest and not be uptight.

He doesn't want us to stand all alone
Or tremble in fear of what is unknown.
He gives us joy and makes worries cease.
He is our strength... in Him we have peace.

When we're o'erwhelmed He hears all our prayers.
We have this hope... that He really cares.
He is our friend through every trial.
He gives us strength to "go the next mile."

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and over burdened, and I will cause you to rest... I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest... relief, ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet... for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good)... not harsh, hard, sharp or pressing, but comfortable, gracious and pleasant; and my burden is light and easy to be borne."
Matthew 11:28 Amplified Bible

© 2012 Arlene Schwartzkopf