Monday, February 07, 2011

The Rooms Of My Life

If Jesus came into the rooms of my mind,
What would be waiting there? What would He find?
Would negative thoughts and doubt make Him weep?
Would meaningless clutter be piled in a heap?

If Jesus came into the rooms of my heart,
Would He be at peace there, or want to depart?
Can I stop what I'm doing and set all aside
So He can find welcome and want to reside?

Sometimes our Savior cannot find a "home",
For we don't receive Him and cause Him to roam
In search of a life which will give Him first place...
Where the rooms are quite full of His beauty and grace.

"And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth."
Colossians 3:2 Amplified Bible

"My heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God."
Psalm 84:2 KJV

© 2005 Arlene Schwartzkopf