Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Ant And The Bee

(A Children's Writing)

The ant was so busy and worked all day long
To gather his food, though he was not strong.
Then he saw a bee who was flying about
From flower to flower, sweet nectar to scout.

Ant
"What are you doing?" he said to the bee.
Bee
"Searching for nectar to take home with me.
I fly to my beehive where honey we make,
For people like honey on bread and in cake!"

The ant thought it over but didn't know why
A bee would make honey for PEOPLE to try.
Ant
"I take my food from crumbs people LEAVE!
That you make them honey is hard to believe!"

Bee
"God made me a bee, for He had a plan
That I should make honey as good food for man.
So I work hard all day from dawn until eve.
For me it is better to give than receive."

"Remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive."
Acts 20:35 KJV

© 2005 Arlene Schwartzkopf