Monday, November 15, 2010

A Lighthouse In The Darkness

The Lord is a lighthouse, where all may come in,
A refuge and shelter from pain and chagrin,
A warm healing balm for those who are weak,
Salvation and hope for lives which are bleak.

To those who question or have any doubt,
His light is sure and ne'er will go out.
When darkness comes and seems to surround,
Know that His light will always abound.

In Him are hope and safety and joy.
He'll give you peace as an anchor and buoy
To steady you through the storms you may face
And always to cover you with love's embrace.

"I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness."
John 12:46 KJV

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf