Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Beauty Of The Lord

If I could paint a picture
Of the beauty of the Lord
And capture all the love and warmth
In heavn'ly places stored,

My paint brush would be filled with life,
My canvas richly hued,
And colors we have never seen
Therein would be debuted.

I could paint throughout all time
On canvas without end
To try to mix the shades and hues
Which He would have me blend.

And when I thought my work was done
There always would be more.
We cannot even comprehend
The "wealth" which is in store.

If I can paint a fraction
Of His beauty with my brush,
The colors will transcend the norm
And be extremely lush.

Every day I yearn to know
And understand Him more.
His beauty spurs me on and on
His riches to explore.

"One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple."
Psalm 27:4 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf