Saturday, November 14, 2009

Laughter Is Better

Laughter is better than sorrow and tears,
And hope is much better than anger and fears.
Laughter and joy are as sweet, healing balm
In the midst of anxiety when we need calm.

Look on the light side... refuse to get down.
Wear a bright smile in place of a frown.
Laughter breaks tension when problems loom large,
And we need not struggle when God is in charge.

God gives us hope and deep peace for each day,
And He is well able our problems to weigh.
Only in Him can we laugh through the "storm".
He is our strength, and His joy is our norm.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."
Psalm 42:11 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf