Friday, October 30, 2009

God Most High

Our foundation we must guard,
As winds of change are blowing hard
To try to shift us from our base
And Christianity erase.

Foolish are the men who try
To trample on our God Most High.
The great I AM, Whose truth will stand,
Just will not bow to man's command.

But He is deeply moved by prayer
Of saints who intercede and care,
Who call upon His name to rule
And stand against all ridicule...

Worshipping in holiness
And bowing in all lowliness,
Standing guard for what is right,
Brightly shining through dark night.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
II Chronicles 7:14 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf