Monday, May 11, 2009

The Potter's Hands

To be clay in the Potter's hands is the greatest chance I will ever have to be beautiful...

And I must not try to determine what that beauty may be, or how the finished vessel may look. The Potter is skilled and infinitely wiser and more gifted than I can comprehend.

I am not able to fathom the depths of His creativity and need to be yielded and still in His hands, knowing that to be hand-hewn by the Lord is to become a vessel worthy of honor. He does not create second-rate vessels.

I am mere clay, but in Him I have promise. For He is a loving God and will ultimately make of me the best I can be.

"But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we are the work of thy hand."
Isaiah 64:8 KJV

© 2008 Arlene Schwartzkopf