Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Garden Of Prayer

A Vision

The place of prayer is as a lovely garden, pleasing in every way to the eye, to the senses and to the spirit... a place of enveloping peace.

As I enter in and begin to walk there I am deeply aware of it's loveliness. Everywhere there is loveliness. The pathways are soft under my feet, and my footsteps feel cushioned by the softness. The air is pure and fresh, and the prettiness of flowers and trees is very soothing. The beauty of the setting penetrates my very being.

Though I have entered there alone, I do not feel alone. As I gaze at the extraordinary creativity of our loving God I am filled with wonder. I am so drawn to Him, and my soul is flooded with thanksgiving. For I realize, as I see all this beauty, that I am looking at the very nature of God. I am looking at His heart. The garden has great depth of expression, endless color and variety... more than the eye can take in and more than the senses can absorb. And I sense that around every bend in the path there will be more wonder and awe.

The path will not end, for in prayer there will always be more of God to discover. I know that no matter how much time I spend in the garden, there will always be more. Only a loving God would provide that much beauty just to bless me. I realize that He resides in loveliness... it is His nature. And He invites me to freely enter in... the gate is always open.

"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
Psalm 16:11 KJV

© 2008 Arlene Schwartzkopf