Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Never Alone

When I heard the cry of her heart one day...
"Why am I being so tested,"
I knew in my heart that God was right there
To protect all that He invested.

He had His hand on her life all along,
Adding new strength every day.
And when she thought she could not endure more,
He leaned down to say, "It's okay".

"I'll give you the courage and strength you will need
And never will let you just 'sink'.
For I have been doing a good work in you...
You have more "grit" than you think!

"You will do more than you thought that you could
(And sometimes will be misty-eyed.)
But I'll never leave you... no, not even once.
I will always be there by your side."

"It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip."
Psalm 18:32-33, 36 KJV

© 2007 Arlene Schwartzkopf