Monday, June 25, 2007

Too Many Boys!

Being a sister with brothers to spare,
Sometimes I wanted to pull out my hair!
Three of them and one of me
Was too much male family!

Then because I was "the last"
And could not run so very fast,
Often I was left behind.
Those teasing boys I could not find.

I thought I should have had a sister,
(I didn't want another "Mister".)
The two of us could hide away
And play the games WE liked to play.

Growing up was quite a chore...
These guys would always bring home MORE.
Seventeen was one day's count...
Quite a problem to surmount!

Sometimes they would stay for dinner.
(Mom's cooking was a real winner.)
They found out she made good pies,
Would stay to eat and "socialize".

Ping-pong was their favorite game,
So every weekend here they came.
It's a good thing we had space...
This was MY only saving grace!


© 2007 Arlene Schwartzkopf