Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Sunshine Friend

I want to be a Sunshine Friend.....
The love of Jesus to extend,
To brighten someone's rainy day
With little things I do and say.

Perhaps if I just share a smile,
Someone will feel that they're worthwhile.
Or if I speak a cheerful word
Someone may feel their prayers were heard.

The times I make a telephone call
Or wave at someone may seem small,
But I may be the only light
To make that person's day shine bright.

A Sunshine Friend will pray and know
Just when to call and say "Hello",
For Jesus speaks in quiet ways
Within the heart of one who prays.

A Sunshine Friend I want to be.
I pray His light will shine through me.

"A word spoken in due season, how good it is!"
Proverbs 15:23b NKJ

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."
Proverbs 25:11 NKJ

© 2005 Arlene Schwartzkopf