Monday, November 03, 2014

Being Still

In today’s constant rush it’s hard to be still.
Folks hurry and push until they are ill.
The pace of our world suggests we do more,
And then we will own enough for a store!

Time with our God is the thing we need most.
If we don’t do this, then we cannot boast.
For all that we do will not have much worth
If we don’t give God a space or a berth.

Whatever the pressure, whatever the goal,
God will bring life to a world-weary soul.
When we are still and put our God first,
With blessing and peace we will be immersed.

“Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10 KJV

“Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.”
Psalm 63:7-8 KJV

© 2013 Arlene Schwartzkopf