Sunday, June 29, 2014

Refreshing For A Weary Soul

When challenges of living my energies deplete,
I spend time with the Lord in prayerful retreat.
Times of rest won’t quite replenish all that I have lost,
But by the Lord upon my soul restoration is embossed.

Restoration heals us from our daily toil and weariness,
Giving us fresh outlook and a touch of heaven’s cheeriness,
Undergirding us with strength and power to again move on,
Enabling us to “run” our race when life was looking somewhat wan.

Drawing close unto the Lord brings restoration and fresh hope
That we are able every day with all our challenges to cope.
The Lord our God is able to restore a very weary soul,
To pick us up and once again to heal and make us truly whole.

“He restoreth my soul...” Psalm 23:3 KJV
“He refreshes and restores my life (my self)... Psalm 23:3 Amplified Bible
“He renews my strength”... Psalm 23:3 New Living Translation
“He makes me whole again”... Psalm 23:3 The Voice

© 2014 Arlene Schwartzkopf