Friday, October 04, 2013

God With Us

I am rejoicing in the goodness of God...

Every day I pray for safety in travel for my son, who is a line haul driver and drives 18-wheel trucks. In my “limited thinking” I prayed for safety in traffic, which is always a concern, but God answered bigger than the way I prayed.

A couple days ago my son was driving through an intense rain storm when lightning touched the ground about twenty feet from his truck. He said it made an extremely loud, crackling, metallic-type sound, and it sounded like his whole truck was being ripped apart. It was still dark out (early morning hours), and he said the light of it was so bright that he had no peripheral vision on his left side for about half an hour afterwards, But through all this he was safe, and his truck showed no damage. What an experience!

Truly God was with him in the midst of the storm.

“They shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”
Matthew 1:23 KJV

© 2013 Arlene Schwartzkopf