Friday, November 16, 2012

God Watching Over Us

At one point in my life I had no money coming in. I was low on oil for my furnace and didn't know how I was going to keep warm. My mom gave me fifty dollars to put a little oil in the tank so I wouldn't run out, but winter was coming and I knew that fifty dollars worth of oil wouldn't last long.

While the oil company was there putting the oil in the tank, a neighbor walked over to me and asked, "How much oil are you getting?"

I answered him, "However much fifty dollars will get for me."

He walked over to the oil man and was talking with him, then went into his house.

When I went to pay the oil man my fifty dollars, he said that the neighbor had handed him one hundred dollars for more oil.

I had been really down that day, but God was right there to lift me up. We never know how He will provide for us or who He will use, but His hand is not shortened to help us!

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2 KJV

© 2011 Arlene Schwartzkopf