Thursday, May 12, 2011

Even As The Willow

Lord, even as the willow sways and bends with every breeze,
Let me e'er be pliable and all Your purpose please.
Let me always know Your voice and hasten to it's sound.
Let my sensitivity be quickened and profound.

As I sense Your "movement" and am caught up in Your will
I will have direction all Your purpose to fulfill.
Teach me, Lord, to rest and pause whene'er I should be still
And not to hurry on ahead before You give me skill.

Let me learn tranquillity with beauty, as the willow tree,
Growing by the waterbrooks with graceful fexibility.
Quietly I wait on You to hear the whisper of Your voice
And deep within my spirit I will worship and rejoice.

"Shew me thy ways, O Lord: teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."
Psalm 25:4-5 KJV

© 2010 Arlene Schwartzkopf