Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Peace In The Storm

How will we keep balance
In a topsy-turvy world?
How do we have peace
When fiery darts at us are hurled?

Burdens which we carry,
And an overload of stress,
Combine to make us weary...
These are cares we must address.

If we have Salvation
And are covered by Christ's blood,
We can walk in perfect peace
Through fire-storm and flood.

When we lay our burdens down
The Lord will give us rest.
We will find tranquility
Through every trial and test.

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord, thy God, the Holy One of Israel, the Saviour."
Isaiah 43:2-3 KJV

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30 KJV

© 2011 Arlene Schwartzkopf