Friday, January 28, 2011

One Of My Favorite Writings

THE LITTLE MAN

When he started his week
He carried a small bag.
Each day it got heavier,
And he started to "drag".

It would be hard
To get through the week.
With this leavy load,
The prospect was bleak.

A Friend came beside him
And picked up his load,
Then carried it for him
As together they strode.

"Why did you do this?"
The little man pled.
"Because I have loved you,"
Is what the Friend said.

"When the weight of the load
Is too much to bear,
I'll carry it for you.
For I'm always there."

"But I do not know you
And cannot give pay,
And yet you'll come with me
As I go my way?"

The Friend looked upon him
with mercy and grace.
The man had ne'er seen
Such love in a face...

His burden was lifted
And he could go on.
The Friend sinmply said,
"Now do as I've done..."

His life was changed
And healed on that day.
He had met Jesus,
"The Light and the Way".

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28 KJV

© 2007 Arlene Schwartzkopf