Monday, October 25, 2010

Bright Light

Lord, make of me a vibrant light,
A lamp which goes not out by night,
Bringing hope for each new day
To those I meet along my way.

Fill me with Your richest oil
To share with those who faint from toil,
The weary and the burdened folk
Who tread with heaviness of yoke.

May light in me illumine paths,
Retrieving souls from hell's dark wraths,
Guiding souls toward Heaven's store
Of rest, salvation, peace and more.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
Matthew 5:16 KJV

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf