Saturday, March 14, 2009

Children Know

I love the wonderful clarity children have when speaking of the things of God.

My son took his children over to the school in their area where there is a little hill which the kids could slide down in the snow.

There was a man there with a large piece of cardboard which he was trying to use to slide down the hill. It wasn't working very well, and he began to curse, using the Lord's name. My grandson yelled to him, saying, "That's a bad word! You're not supposed to say that!"

The man replied, "At our house we take the name of the Lord in vain all the time."

My grandson called back at him as he was sliding down the hill, "You're not supposed to do that. I go to church, and I KNOW!!!

What a bright moment... an eight-year-old who is bold in his faith and was speaking out what he believes. Hopefully he caused the man to re-think what he was doing and correct his behavior.

"Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right."
Proverbs 20:11 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf