Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Cookies'n Crumbs

When I bake cookies, I always want to use the finest ingredients. So when I shop I search for the best chocolate morsels and dried fruits. I buy pure extracts, rather than imitation. And when I bake my cookies, I carefully watch them so that they don't burn.

I want to have a supply of the best cookies so that I will be able to share them with others. And then when the cookies are all gone and only crumbs are left, I must replenish the supply..... for crumbs are not enough.

Reading the Word of God is like that. When God gave us His Word, He gave us His very best. His Word is full of "choice morsels" of wisdom. It is good to "stock up" so that I have a "store" of strength to draw upon. If I don't stay in the Word, pretty soon I will be in the "crumbs" stage..... not much left to go on. And I won't have anything of substance to share with others.....

If I want to be strong, I know I must "dine" in the Word and "stay full".... the Word of God is life's most gourmet food.....

"Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart."
Jeremiah 15:16a NKJ

© 2005 Arlene Schwartzkopf