Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A Moment Of Truth

What could be more delightful than a little grandson with a great big smile?

One day I was going to meet my son and grandson for lunch. As I drove into the parking lot they were waiting for me. My grandson was waving and had a smile as big as all outdoors. As I parked my car he ran over to open the door for me. Then he coiled up the seatbelt because it didn't retract properly. Next he offered me his little hand to help me get out of the car. (It struck me how thin his little arm was). I took his extended hand as I got out, thanking him as I did. Then he closed the door for me.

After all this, he turned to his dad and commented with a bright smile, "We're supposed to help the old ones."

I could hardly contain my laughter as my son was trying to tell him it's not polite to say someone is old. But it was okay. To him I AM old! And he was practicing his latest skills in manners.

I laugh every time I think of this. This little guy brings much laughter to my life..... he makes me feel YOUNG when I'm around him.

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf