Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Autumn Winds

I do not see from whence you come
Or know just where you go.
In rustling leaves and bending boughs
I hear you moving to and fro.

You seem to tell me with your voice,
"We're in a brand new season."
You've wakened me from summer laze
With urgency of reason.

For though I love the lively feel
Of autumn's brisk, fresh air,
I know that for the winter season
I must soon prepare.

The same way that I see the signs
As seasons come and go,
The Spirit whispers in my heart
Each thing I need to know.

In the Spirit's changing wind
I know I'll find direction.
I'm ever grateful to our God
For covering and protection.


"When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will
guide you into all truth; for He will not speak
on His own authority, but whatever He hears
He will speak, and He will tell you things to come."
John 16:13 NKJ

© 2004 Arlene Schwartzkopf