Tuesday, August 13, 2013

An Important Moment

Every morning when I get up there is a moment when I must choose my focus for the day... I can let my mind set off running with thoughts of everything I have to do that day, or I can enter into worship and focus on the goodness of God. In that defining moment when I make choice to spend time with the Lord, He will totally change the complexion of the day. I can enter in with peace and joy and confidence that I will indeed see the goodness of God in everything I do.

He gives me balance. He helps me to stay calm. He redeems my time for me and helps me to keep order in my day. He walks with me... I can feel His encouragement.

That first choice of the day... to spend time with Him... determines the rest of my day... and it is good.

“My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.”
Psalm 5:3 KJV

© 2012 Arlene Schwartzkopf